Milk Braised Lamb with Fennel
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 lb. boneless lamb shoulder, trimmed and cut into 2-in. pieces*
- 1 fennel bulb, diced
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. fennel seeds, lightly crushed
- 2 cup milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 spring rosemary, plus leaves
- Salt and pepper
*If you cannot find boneless lamb shoulder, lamb shoulder chops can be substituted. Ask your butcher to bone the chops for you or alternatively, use a small paring knife to cut the bone out at home. Do not worry if the pieces are alternating sizes and thickness, it will not affect the cooking time.
Be the first to leave a review.